Effective as of January 1, 2020.
Each time a user accesses our Services, the then current version of the
questions about the changes, you are welcome to contact us at
email@example.com. If you do not agree with the changes, then, unfortunately, we must
ask you to cause using our Sites and/or Services, as must have all users
under the same terms in order to provide equitable Services to all.
- What information and data we collect;
- Why we collect and how we use the information we collect;
- With whom we may share your information;
- How long we retain and how we protect the information; and
- What rights and links exist to control your personal data.
1. What Information and Data We Collect
When you access, connect to, sign up to, participate in, create an account for, make purchases within or otherwise use our Services, we may collect personal data from you. The personal data we collect will depend on the circumstances and the Services you are using. We collect information in two ways – (A) information that YOU provide and (B) information that we automatically collect.
Information You Provide. You provide certain personally identifiable information that uniquely identifies you such as:
- Email address when you choose to participate in various activities on the Platform such as registering an account, chat, posting messages and comments, sending feedback, entering contests, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists;
- Username and password to protect your account;
- Your contact information if you reach out to us;
- Postal address and limited and tokenized payment information may be collected when uploading a game, or making a purchase; and/or
- Other information to us directly or through third-party services.
You may also provide us information in the following manners:
- Information You Provide via Apps and Games. You may have the option to provide information to us through Apps and other Services we provide such as online games. Some links in these Apps and games may lead you to pages of our Sites where we collect additional information from you, such as (but not limited to) surveys, login and account registration areas, etc. These Apps and games may also have areas where you can input personally identifiable information directly into that App or game. Such information may be processed in the same way as information collected on our other Sites.
- Information through Social Media. Personal information you share to or through Social Media pages and profiles related to our Services and sites (e.g., our Facebook Pages) may also be collected by us, and may be visible to others and collected by third-parties. Information that you disclose, including (but not limited to) through our online games, forums, comments, post sharing, direct messages is public and may be accessible to anyone who uses our Sites or Services. Additionally, such shared information may be seen on certain Social Media websites. (For example, if you share a post to Facebook through one of our games, other people may be able to see that post and related information on Facebook, and on our Sites and Apps.)
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase in or through our Services, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. Sinewave Enterprises does not collect or store your financial information, but our payment processors may share information with us in order for us to fulfill your order. Our User Agreement explains our policies and terms relevant to our charges, billing practices, third-party credits, and virtual currencies.
- Customer Support Communication. Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your username and/or social network ID number. We may also store the communications you have with the Customer Support team in order to provide you support and improve the Services.
- Other Information You Provide. We collect the following types of personally identifiable information: your contact information (such as name, postal or email address, or phone number), username and password, purchase history on our Platform, social media accounts related to you, product preferences, information you provide by interacting with us through social media, and photographs that you submit on our Platform or through our social media channels. By submitting a testimonial or photograph, you waive any rights thereto and authorize us to copyright, use, and publish the same in print or electronically for any lawful purpose.
Information We Automatically Collect. We and our affiliates, analytics or service providers, and third-party companies with whom we have marketing relationships, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
- Analytics. When you visit our Platform, we automatically collect the following types of information: information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser, and operating system type), URLs that refer you to our Platform and the dates and times of your visits, information on your gaming behavior on our Platform (e.g., page views, paths you take through our Sites, frequency of visits, referring/exit pages), general geographic location information (e.g., country) that shows where you are when browsing our Sites, search terms that you enter to reach our Sites or enter on our Sites to find products, the fact that you opened one of our emails, and what links you click in our emails. We utilize analytics services to learn more about our users and to improve the overall experience for those who use our Sites, services, and Apps.
- Information We Receive through Apps. If you play a game from Sinewave Enterprises through an App on a mobile device (such as your phone or tablet), we can collect mobile device identifiers that can include things like your MAC address and IP address. We may also collect information such as device name and type, operating system, country, and any other information you choose to provide such as your game character name or e-mail address. Additionally, we may access third party information such as your phone or Facebook contacts with your authorization and according to the rules you have established within your device permissions.
- Social Media Features. Our Platform includes social media features, such as Facebook “Like” buttons and widgets, “Share” buttons and widgets, or interactive mini-programs that run on our Site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
- Tailored Advertising. Advertising allows us to provide many free-to-play Services. Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Such advertising partners have a legitimate interest to collect and profile personal data in the form of IP address and cookie ID from users on our website in order to provide targeted online advertising and ad measurement.
Cookies. We automatically collect information through cookies
and other similar technologies (e.g., web beacons, pixels, ad tags and
device identifiers) to recognize you and/or your device(s). Cookies
are small text files stored by your Web browser on your computer,
phone, tablet, or other device used to browse our Platform. Cookies
allow us to identify and authenticate visitors, track behavior, and
enable important site features. We also contract with analytics
services and third-party advertising companies to collect similar
information for specific purposes.
Please note that companies delivering advertisements on our
below in the section “Third Party Advertisers” and those practices
are subject to those companies’ own policies.
Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our Sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Is it mandatory for you to provide your personal data? Personal data that we request and is marked “mandatory” in any way, for example by using the * symbol, is required in order for us to provide our Services (for statutory, contractual, administrative, technical, or similar reasons).
2. How We Process and Use Information
Generally, we use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally identifiable or pseudonymous Site usage data to improve the quality of our Services and design of the Site, Apps, and 3rd Party Platform Games, and to create new features, promotions, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends. We use the information we collect from the Platform and 3rd Party Platform Games for the following purposes:
For the sake of our CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP as necessary to perform and fulfill certain obligations under the User Agreement:
- For the provision of our Services to you, including to register and manage your account, provide or improve customer service, fulfill your requests, improve your experience of our Services and to administer our contractual relationship with you;
- To ensure that the content from our Services is transmitted to you and your device in the most efficient way;
- To personalize your experience of our Services based on your usage, e.g., recommending content that may be of interest to you;
- To handle payments for your account;
- To provide order and invoice information to you;
- To communicate with you regarding your account or the purchase of our Services;
- To send mobile push recommendations to you of content to which you have subscribed;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To conduct surveys in order to improve your interaction with our Services; and/or
- To provide offers, news, information, products, or services that you request from us.
For our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS of developing, administering, protecting, and marketing our Services as well as from a business and strategic management perspective:
- To operate, improve and optimize our Services for the benefit of our users;
- To provide technical support and respond to inquiries;
- To better understand how users interact with our Platform and to personalize our Services;
- To provide you with offers, news, information, products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, including tailoring advertising so that it relates to your likely interests;
- To improve the quality of digital and physical products we offer to our users;
- To use IP address, device identifiers or other information necessary to block disruptive use or services, for the reason of protecting our Services or otherwise enforcing or applying our User Agreement;
- For research, analyzing and statistical purposes;
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- To protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- To manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- To provide information in a change of control or mergers and acquisitions processes or for the reasons of business and strategic management; and/or
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
When we process data for our legitimate business purposes, we will always consider your personal data rights in high regard, take account of your rights and proceed only when our interests are not overridden by your interests or rights. You have the right to object to this processing, but please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
For MARKETING purposes which will only occur if we have received your consent to such processing:
- To send you our newsletter or promotional emails, if you have agreed thereto, which may also contain offers, news or information related to our Services and/or other products or services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- To other specific offers, products or services to which you consented.
We may also process or share your personal data if it is reasonably necessary for us to comply with a LEGAL OBLIGATION or in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
3. With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
Unless we tell you first (such as at the time we collect information from you), or unless it is part of a specific program or feature in which you have elected to participate, we do not rent or sell personally identifiable information to others. We do not share email addresses with third parties for the purpose of sending their own emails to you without your consent. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, then you can either contact us at 1-801-875-1506, or firstname.lastname@example.org or opt-out. To opt-out, please see “Your Rights and Options” below.
- Performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- Aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other users collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live in San Francisco);
- Certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- Your social network ID;
- And other contextual data about your gameplay (for example, your level and session length).
- Measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- Undertake web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Third Parties for Security or Other Legitimate Reasons. We
may also disclose your personal data to third-parties if we
reasonably believe that disclosure of such personal data is
- To comply with valid legal obligations including subpoenas, court orders, governmental requests or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law;
- To protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, employees or the general public;
- To protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of our Services and to protect our network, services, devices, and users from such use;
- To advance or defend against complaints or legal claims;
- To determine credit risk, for reporting purposes or to obtain payment for our Services;
- To outside auditors and regulators.
- Corporate Transaction, Reorganization or Bankruptcy. In the event of a change of control, sale of some or all of our business or assets, corporate reorganization, or bankruptcy, we would share the pertinent customer information (which may include your personal information) with the other business entity (or entities) involved in the transaction. In such an event, we would notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our Platform of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection, legal compliance, or investigations. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes. With respect to onward transfers, we remain liable should the third-parties to whom we transfer personal data process such information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
4. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
While we endeavor to honor your requests related to your personal data, we may not be fully able to honor the request until a later time or we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
5. How We Protect Your Information
We strive to maintain the security of your personal information through a variety of security measures. Safeguarding your personal data is a priority for us. Personal data that you provide to us is stored on secure servers, and we use rigorous procedures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data. Although we work hard to protect your personal data, please note that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal data, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to any login or password information, and to your computer or device. To minimize the risk of having your account being compromised, we recommend that you set up your account password using unique numbers, letters, and special characters. Do not disclose passwords to others. Please notify us of any password compromises and change passwords periodically to maintain account protection. To learn more about how to protect yourself online, we encourage you to visit the government’s website at www.onguardonline.gov.
6. Our Policies Concerning Children
Our Services are Not Designed for Children. Our Services, Apps and Games are designed for and directed at people 18 years of age or older. No one under the age of 13 (or under 16 for children located in the European countries)(collectively, “Children”) may provide any personal information to us, and we do not knowingly collect information from Children. Children should not attempt to create an account or send any of your information to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If Sinewave Enterprises learns that we have collected personal information from Children without verification of parental consent in contravention of these measures, we will terminate access to the account immediately and will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or other as required or allowed by law). If you believe that we might have any information from or about Children, please contact us at 1-801-875-1506 or at email@example.com.
Right to Remove Posted Information — California Minors. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account on one or more of our Sites, Apps, or games, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Platform. To request the removal of such information, you can contact Sinewave Enterprises using the email address associated with your account at 1-800-678-2319 or firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you reside in California. Upon receiving such a request, We will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the platform(s) you request we remove it from.
7. Your Rights and Options
We understand that you may at times need further information from us regarding your personal data and how it is processed or that you may wish to update or correct the personal data you have provided us with. Your rights include the following:
Non-Discrimination. We want to be clear that we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights or other privacy rights. Unless permitted by CCPA, we will not take any discriminatory actions, including, denying you goods or services, charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Please contact us at 1-801-875-1506 or at email@example.com to make a request in respect of your rights. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving such a request. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will let you know the reasons why and when we expect to be able to fulfill your request.
If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (this will however not affect the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal) by contacting us at 1-801-875-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by updating the settings in our Sites, Apps, or Games. (where applicable).
We offer you choices about the information we collect, how we use and disclose this information, and how we communicate with you.
The collection and storing of the data can at any time be disabled with effect for the future as follows:
- In the case of an Apple device: Open the settings of your mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) and select the menu item “Privacy.” Under “Advertising,” you can turn off the Ad Tracking.
- In the case of Android devices: Open the settings in your App list and tap on the “Ad” button. When the Ad window has opened, you can deactivate the Google Advertising ID.
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising; and
- Your Online Choices UK website for EU-based advertising.
- In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s “settings” page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.”
- Further, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising.
If you do not want cookies to be stored on your computer or wish to be informed of their storage, you can prevent the installation of cookies by declining to accept cookies or managing cookies in your web browser. However, we would like to point out that by preventing cookies, you may find that you cannot use all of our Sites’, Apps’, and Games’ functions to the fullest extent.
8. Transfer Out of Europe on the Basis of the Privacy Chield Framework
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN USERS: When you use our Services, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries.
Sinewave Enterprises attempts to comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from our users in the European Union, the United Kingdom and/or Switzerland, as applicable, to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield. We commit to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Sinewave Enterprises commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU, English, and/or Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Sinewave Enterprises at email@example.com. Sinewave Enterprises has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to International Centre for Dispute Resolution-American Arbitration Association (ICDR-AAA), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, you may seek further assistance, at no cost to you, from the ICDR-AAA at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
9. Questions, Concerns, or Requests
Sinewave Enterprises Inc.
13320 S. Ensign Point Ln. #5103
Draper, UT 84020
Last updated: April 30th, 2020